Saturday, October 31, 2009

How long does Narvocet stay?

I have an old perscription of narvocet. Perscribed for symptoms assocoated with indeometriosis. Last week(tues) I had severe mensral cramps with back pain. I took half a narvocet. Six hrs later I took another half. Weds morning a took another half. Pain gone, cycle past. However, monday my employer gave us a urine drug test. Will it show up after 4 days?
Answer:
Hmm..perhaps thisis deja vu? I think I answered this already..but it couldn't hurt to post it again, lol.

Even if it will show up in your urine test, you have a prescription for it, and these are good for a year past the date it was filled. Therefore, you are not at fault even if it results in a positive test revealing traces of opiates. It is important that you tell the lab techs prior to the test of all prescription information and let them know that you had to recently take pain relievers that fall under the narcotic class.

Basically, so long as you hold a legal prescription and are not taking the medication while on the job, there really isn't all too much they can do about it legally.
you should call the pharmacy and ask to be sure. You shouldn't use old medication after it's a year old either.
You should be okay if you've been drinking a lot of water. Pills typically stay in your system for 2-4 days, but really, you took a half at a time so your body will most likely metabolise it faster. I wouldn't worry too much about it.
Good luck :)
I wouldn't worry too much about the drug test since this was prescribed to you, even if it is an old prescription. You have a legitamate reason for it showing up in your system and it is not a controlled substance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net