Sunday, October 25, 2009

How can I make 'plastic surgery,' a safer procedure, for me; when the time comes?

After a large, purposeful weight loss of over 120+ pounds, I am left with alot of excess skin. I am a middle-aged woman. I exercise daily but am left with the after effects of a large weight loss. I guess you could say that "the old me, is still hanging around," so to speak.

I have done alot of research into qualified plastic surgeons. I know that's the first step. The next step is the actual procedure. Tummy tuck and liposuction..

I worked very hard to lose the weight, so the "left-overs" from dieting have to go. I want my weight loss to be complete.. Am I 'vain?' I don't think so. I just want my body to reflect all of my hard work...

P.S. For those of you who are interested in how I lost it, I did it through exercise and healthy eating habits. No gastric bypass for this lady. Proves that a person can lose weight at any age; if only they have the will to succeed.
Answer:
Congrats on your weight loss. If only more people were as dedicated as you.

You are in no way vain, you now have this excess skin over your body that you want to get rid of.

Check out the tummy tuck board on:
http://www.breasthealthonline.com...

Good luck!
You are not vain and you are right to want to look good.
The problem with plastic surgery is like with any surgery, its a surgery with all its dangers. No one can advise you about that as this is a risk that you either take or not. I would consider all possibilities and go for it.
You can't necessarily make it "safer", but u can help urself to avoid infections etc. Before ur surgery, make sure u eat healthy, exercise, quit smoking (if u smoke) (this will increase the oxygen in ur blood to help the recovery go alittle smoother, and will make for less problems with the anaesthesia), drink lots of water, hydration will help the skin to heal better. Basically, keep urself as healthy as possible, a healthy body can fight infections easier, and heal faster. After ur all healed up (months from now), massage the scars daily, this will help the body flush the old cells and create new cells, thus making the scarring less "raised" or hard looking. Good luck, have a safe surgery and congrats on the weight loss, u did great and u deserve this!! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net