Sunday, October 25, 2009

How can I tell that Im Ovulating due to my vaginal mucus?

I understand that a woman starts ovulating about 14 days after the first day of my last menstrual period.

What is the vaginal mucus like before, during, and after ovulation?

My LMP started April 14, 07. Just last night I noticed that is was more thickish and white, nothing to as it had been before I actually started paying attention to it to chart my ovulation.

When might I have ovulated due to my LMP?

thanks!
Answer:
I attended a training course called Billings Ovulation Method, a natural planning method that guides you how to know when you are fertile or not. It also taught us when is the best time to make a baby or not by your daily mucus observation.

Women who are in bearing age have different menstrual cycle. I highly advice you not to rely on that "14 days" rule if you're not ready to have a baby. Yours could be as short as 12 days or long as 24 days (or even longer) unless you've been monitoring your cycle.

In Billings Method, your vaginal mucus is the determinant what part of the cycle you are in (you should be charting yourself for a few weeks to a month to know your cycle). No internal exam, no temperature checks or any invasive procedure is done. You just have to describe what you see (thick and white) and feel (dry, sticky, slippery).

If you're thick and white, you might be in the phase where one of your ovaries is starting to mature an egg to be realeased. Observe yourself for 3 to 4 days for any progressing changes (i.e., thick and white becomes thin and clear). This will mean that you are ovulating.

Your mucus will change after you ovulate because of hormonal changes. You may feel dry and see no discharge or may even feel stick with thick and cloudy discharge (as I mentioned, you will know this after charting yourself).

If you want more information, learn more about your cycle and know more about Billings Method, check the website below.

'Hope this helps.
thicker, whiter could be ovulation or a yeast infection. every woman is different, some ovulate 10-12 days after others later, you can by an ovulation test at any drug store they're with the pregnancy tests, they are kind of expensive but are very accurate.
The BIllings Method describes the mucus. Depending on how long your cycle is, you should of ovulated on April 27th - 29th.

http://www.billings-centre.ab.ca/general...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net