Sunday, October 25, 2009

How can I stop these painful gallstone attacks?? PLEASE HELP?

I have recently been diagnosed with gallstones in my gall bladder which are around 2cm big. I have to have them removed but the waiting list is a few months long. How can I endure the next few months with these frequent gallstone attacks. I have been prescribed strong painkillers but i was wondering if there was a way I could stop them happening or manage them somehow, maybe with home remedies or other tips? Also, I am hardly eating because I feel so unwell, does this happen to anyone else, I can't go on not eating but don't know what to do. Any help would be appreciated.
Answer:
Having had those attacks in the past, I found Gaviscon helped.
Also to avoid the attackes, stay away from grease, ie: sausauge,bacon. Orange juice as well triggered mine.
Basically confirms I'm doing all I can whilst waiting for my operation (hope it's not too much longer as I've had these attacks on average once a fortnight for the past 19 months). Also I've noticed stress and RED meat bring them on too - hope this helps someone else
alot of attacks are usually caused by greasy, fatty foods and hot, spicey foods. i actually lived off of pain meds and simethicone, which helped.
quick anatomy and physiology lesson..when you eat, your stomach senses fat content in the food, sends a signal to the liver to produce bile to disperse the fat, (makes the big globs of fat into little tiny ones, aids in digestion) the more fat the more bile needed, the stronger the signal to produce bile..Ouch! biliary colic.aka gall bladder attack!
Try small frequent meals low in fat-vs- large meals...more fruits and veggies less fried chicken and mashed potatoes and gravy, ( my favorites yum yum), and small amounts, but more frequently.6 small meals instead of two or three large meals....good luck..
i had my gallbaldder out last yr and all i did was was just take the pain killers and didnt eat to much fatty foods but you still have to eat i waited 7 months for my op. and i must say i do feel alot better now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net