Saturday, October 31, 2009

How long does it take for your period to return after birth of a child?

My baby is six weeks old, I am not breastfeeding, and I still have not gotten my period back. What is the average lenth of time that it takes for it to return?
Answer:
well it varies because the stress of childbirth and then raising the baby can cause hormonal changes that may delay it- it took me 12 weeks but I am very sensitive to stuff like that. Anywhere from 6-8 weeks is normal but it can go longer. You should have a 6 week checkup and just run it by the doctor for reassurance :-) Congrats on the newbie!!
Possibly up to 8 weeks-- Check with Dr. on 6 week check up
Anywhere up to several months is normal. 2-3 months is average for a non-breastfeeding woman like you.
About 6- 8 weeks, if you're not breastfeeding. However, don't forget, you CAN still get pregnant if you're not taking precautions, even if you haven't started having your period yet. If you're concerned, check with your doctor. Congratulations!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net