Tuesday, May 25, 2010

How many girls/women out there have intentionally thrown up their meal(s) before?

Have you ever made yourself throw up your food due to self-esteem/weight concerns? Why did you do it? Just wondering how common this actually is.
Answer:
I never have because of an eating disorder. I did it one time because I overate (for real) and I felt really nauseous. I felt like I was about to puke anyway, so I made it happen. My stomach ache was gone after I did that. I've never done it for any other reason though but I know at least half of my friends have had issues with anorexia/bulimia at some point in their life (mostly as teenagers).
It's actually a disease. Belemia, I think. I don't have it, and I think it is pretty seldom.
i have but not because of self-esteem issues. i just didn't want to go to school :] some people actually are bulemic though
I have a friend who tried this when she was younger. She was so completely unhappy with her body that she resorted to it. All I can say is that if you're that unhappy with your body then you probably need some therapy. I'm not saying that to be mean, I'm saying it because you should take it very serioulsy if you're thinking about throwing up your food in order to lose weight. This is a one-way ticket to serious health problems and/or death (if done too many times). There are more serious problems in the world than being a bit chubby.
I was bulimic for two years (junior and senior year of high school). I never threw up a normal meal though. If I was really stressed out or overwhelmed with school, I would binge hardcore! I would eat so much I couldn't move! Then, I would throw it up intentionally. I guess it helped me cope with stress.
I felt like my life was out of control a lot. Sometimes I would throw up because I was concerned about my weight too. Not as often as throwing up because I was stressed though! My mom also had bulimia which I thought was odd. I'm not sure if it's inherited or not. She would eat because she felt out of control too. Hope this helps!
Love,
Binge and Purge %26lt;3 (Ha!)
Why would I do that? I like food, especialy healthy!! If you eat right and exersise, what reason is there to go around making yourself sick?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net