Tuesday, May 25, 2010

How Long Until Birth Control Pill Leaves My System?

I went from Low-Ogestrel to Aviane, and now I'm out. Done. I'm going to consult my doctor about too much estrogen (I have two fibroids, and as they grow on estrogen, I suspect that I've got more than my share of this hormone). I will need to eventually resume taking something for the cysts, but I need a break for now. In the meantime, how long can I expect to "wait it out" until these wretched pills leave my system? I just can't take how awful they make me feel, even at low doses. Thanks.
Answer:
I used to take birth-control pills. Before starting, I talked to a lot of people who took different kinds. Several people told me of their search for the right kind. One lady told me she took one kind, but had side effects, so she waited about 2 or 3 months before starting a different kind. But that one had bad side effects too, so she waited another 2 to 3 months before starting a third kind. When I stopped taking the pills, my side effects stopped about 2 months later.
From personal experience it should take up to one year.
It should leave your system within a day or two though it may take you several weeks to feel a difference.
from my experience...2-8 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net