Tuesday, May 25, 2010

How long till I should be worried about my periods stopping?...?

I'm eighteen now, and I started when I was eleven, I've never really eaten properly, and my periods are never regular. I was on the pill (microgarneon30) when I was fifthteen, and I carried on taking it for two years. When I stopped, I had a period three months later, and I got told this was normal,

I've had a few since then. Its been about nearly a year now since I last had one. I don't eat properly, I guess you could say im anorexic, and im also anemic.

Please don't tell me to start eating right, or to see a docter, my problems with food aren't the issue here, im mearly asking if I should be worried, and if im under risk of pernament infertillity.

If you would like additional infomation to answer this, just say so, and I will edit.
Answer:
Well you answered your own question. You must have already been warned about your unhealthy eating habits. It's not always what you eat it's if you eat at all ? Anorexics can take their bodies to the point of starvation and if by "I don't eat properly" means your hardly eating that could be the reason why your not menstruating. At your age I dealt with irregular periods and was told mine was partly caused by anemia and unhealthy eating habits. Only I was opposite you I was overweight. I finally reached ideal weight for me and nutritionist. A weight I felt comfortable with around 22 years of age and because I eat...but in moderation and more healthy foods now at 25 my periods have continued to be regular and Ive kept the weight off...through this time whereas I wasn't menstruating in the beginning once my body realized it was safe I was even blessed with a daughter. So since permanent infertility is a concern you really should talk to someone who will reason with your side, views, and opinions but someone who will also tell you right from wrong and not cater to you. I hope you get the help you need both physically and mentally.
No, thats the point here.. you should eat right, and the nutrition is your problem. Please do not ignore this, you are saying : please don't tell me to start eating right..But that is your problem. If you don't get proper nutrients, your period will be irregular ofcourse. I don't understand how people can't eat right! I mean eat veggies, drink water, juice.whatever, just no junk food, ok? trust me, you'll notice a big difference, you'll feel better too. Also, did you know that if you get extremely thin, your periods will stop? And anorexia eventually leads to infertility? Think about it.
you are doing your body irreparable damage ,that could even end in death and i am not messing about
Your weight and what you eat unfortunately is the issue. Think of it this way: your body has stopped producing eggs and therefore you no longer have periods. Your body is doing this because you are not healthy enough and would not be able to adequately nourish a baby if you became pregnant. The longer you fail to have a period the more likely the chance that you will be unable to become pregnant in the future. Your weight problem is probably also causing your anemia. You must start eating properly and see your doctor or you may end up causing irreperable damage to not only you reproductive but also your vital organs. GET HELP!
The earlier a woman starts her period, the earlier she will go thru menopause. Generally though MP doesn't start until late 30s or early 40s. Because you've never had a regular cycle it may be harder to detect the peri-menopause period.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net